How to Join in Para Military Forces
One can enter any service of the Paramilitary Forces of India (PMF) after completing their Class X, XII or Graduation. Women are also allowed to enter the paramilitary forces services.
Graduates in any stream, who are 20- 25 years of age may apply for recruitment to the posts of sub-inspectors in BSF, CISF, CRPF, ITBP and SSB. Female candidates are eligible for recruitment to CISF and CRPF only. Physically handicapped candidates are not eligible for these posts.
Para Military Forces in India
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- National Security Guard (NSG)
- Railway Protection force (RPF)
- Indian Coast Guard
- Special Frontier Force (SFF)
- Assam Rifles (AR)
- 1) Officers entry – This is done through exam conducted by UPSC every year. The newly recruited Gazetted officer get the Position of Assistant Commandant in the selected organization.
Central Armed Police Force (Assistant Commandants)
- For Males and Females
- Age at Entry: 19 to 24 Years
- Qualification: Any Graduate
- Notification: March
- Exam: June
- Can appear for UPSC when in final year of graduation.
- Paper-I (250 marks): General Ability and Intelligence
Paper-II (200 marks): General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
2) Sub-inspector or constables entry – These posts are filled by the respective organization by their own. Advertisement are presented in leading news papers and also on their own website.