Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
CAPF Exam Eligibility
Age Eligibility: Minimum 20 years and Maximum 25 years as on 1st August of the exam year
Academic Eligibility: A degree from a recognised University or equivalent
Physical Standards Eligibility: You need to have minimum Physical Standards as given in the notification
Female candidates can not apply for BSF and ITBP
The UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam consists of the following features:
- The Exam consists of Two Papers.
- Paper I is Objective type.
- Paper I consist of 125 Questions asked from General Ability & General Intelligence.
- Duration of Paper I is 2 Hours.
- Paper I is held for a total of 250 Marks.
- Paper II is Subjective Nature.
- Paper II is held for a total of 200 Marks.
- Duration of Paper II is 3 Hours.
- Paper II consists of General Studies, Essay & Comprehension related Questions.
- Aspirants who get qualified in the Written Test will be called for Physical Efficiency Test & Personal Interview.
|Written Test||I||General Ability and Intelligence||Objective||125||250||2 Hours|
|II||General Studies, Essay & Comprehension||Subjective||–||200||3 Hours|
Central Armed Police Forces Exam Syllabus
- General Mental Ability
- General Science
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- Indian Polity and Economy
- History of India
- Indian and World Geography
- Essay Writing.
- Precis Writing.
- Counter Argument.
- Report Writing.
- Language Skills.
- Vocabulary etc.
UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Syllabus for General Studies
- History – India.
- Current Events – National & International.
- Indian National Movement.
- Geography – India.
- About India.
- Eminent Personalities.
- Cultural Heritage.
- General Polity.
- General Science.
- Indian Constitution.
- Science & Technology etc.
UPSC Syllabus for General Intelligence
- Problem Solving.
- Spatial Orientation.
- Space Visualization.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Decision Making.
- Visual Memory.
- Arithmetic Number Series.
- Figural Classification.
- Coding and Decoding.
- Relationship Concepts.
- Statement Conclusion etc.